School of Software Engineering (SSE2022)
Oct 25, 2022 / 8:00 am - Oct 27, 2022 / 5:00 pm
To achieve better and better performance (e.g. scalability) of software solutions, developers increasingly turn to distributed architectures such as microservices. Building and implementing an efficient and trustworthy distributed system is much more difficult than building and running a single application (a so-called monolith). This workshop will increase your knowledge of distributed solution design and your skills to create tools that are flexible, more efficient, scalable and fault tolerant.
- consciously and professionally decide what to optimize architecture for, and which technical and organizational constraints have to be taken into account
- create professional architecture diagrams in C4 model, verify validity of their design, present it to the stakeholders
- decide which approach to architecture will be better in particular case: modular monolithic, synchronous microservices or distributed event driven system
- optimize the architecture for SLA and performance of critical path, without creating error-prone combinations
- optimize the system for maintainability and extensibility, so that more business value can be delivered by the implementing team
Additional training details:
- Participants will not program during the workshop.
The workshop agenda will become available soon. Make sure to check out this space!